The FA has launched a new online Safeguarding Children Recertification.
This new interactive course is available free of charge for anyone in football who has previously completed the three hour face-to-face Safeguarding Children Workshop.
The course includes:
- The role of designated people in football
- Safer practice with under 18s
- Safer use of social media
- Safeguarding disabled children
- Listening to children
- Recognising and responding to poor practice and abuse
- How and when to report safeguarding concerns
The course uses case studies, interactive tasks and interviews to bring the material to life.
On completion, records will automatically update with a new qualification and the learner can also print a certificate. Please note it may take up to seven days for a qualification to show on a learner’s records and learners must have previously completed the three hour face-to-face workshop before attempting this certificate.
If you have any questions or difficulties completing the course online and wish to speak to somebody, please contact Nigel Saverton, Education, Safeguarding and Referee Support Manager at Oxfordshire FA on 01993 894404