Oxfordshire FA’s Team Growth Fund is now open for clubs who are looking to start new teams.
Last season we received 11 successful applications and supported the generation of 16 new teams, from mini-soccer to adult football with over £5,000 invested.
The Team Growth Fund is designed to increase participation and support the costs associated with starting a new team. This is whether you are looking to create a new mini soccer team, youth, adult or even Over-50s team!
All Oxfordshire FA affiliated Charter Standard clubs are eligible to apply for funding to help create new teams. We do accept applications from non-Charter Standard clubs, however they must commit to becoming Charter Standard by 31 January 2020.
Applications are being accepted for new male, female and disability teams within the following age groups;
Mini Soccer (U7 – U10)
Apply for up to £200
Youth (U11 – U16)
Apply for up to £400
Apply for up to £600
Funding can only be used for player recruitment and long term sustainability. The funding can go towards coaching courses and workshops, essential training equipment, facility hire, player accident insurance, affiliation costs, marketing and promotion, hire of FA qualified coaches etc. A breakdown of expenditure must be listed on the application form and Oxfordshire FA can provide limits on the amount of funding provided for certain items.
If your application is successful you will be awarded your funding on the following basis:
Charter Standard Clubs
You will be awarded 60% at the start of your project and the remaining 40% when your new team is affiliated for the 2019/20 season and you have fulfilled all fixtures up to October 31, 2019.
Non- Charter Standard Clubs
You will be awarded 40% at the start of your project and the remaining 60% when your new team is affiliated for the 2019/20 season and you have fulfilled all fixtures up to October 31, 2019.
You will also need to achieve your Charter Standard status by January 2020.
The application window is open and the deadline to apply is Monday 6 May 2019. All applications will be considered and clubs will be informed week commencing 13 May with a decision. If successful, funding will be issued at the end of June.
Application forms can be found here
For further information please contact Michael Thurlow via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 894407