Adult Female teams across Oxfordshire are invited to nominate players to be considered for the position of Female Football Ambassador in the county. The role will see players attend events and workshops to represent the female game, and act as role models for younger players.
The Ambassadors will attend events such as the Oxfordshire FA Awards evening and Oxfordshire FA Wildcats Festival in 2019, and will have the opportunity to attend other events throughout the season.
The players nominated by teams and clubs in the county must be:
- Over the age of 18
- Playing open-aged, 11-a-side football for an Oxfordshire FA-affiliated team
- Have a good discipline record
- Be a key part of the team
- Have good leadership skills
- Be a good communicator
What we will expect from the Ambassadors:
- Act as role models for players across the county
- Attend Oxfordshire FA events
- Attend other events supported by the Oxfordshire FA
- Attend Wildcats Centres where possible
- Hold a role profile on the website
Ambassadorial duties will include:
- Question and answer sessions with younger players
- Photos with players, and other key moments (eg. trophy presentations)
Players would be required to complete a DBS Check and attend a Safeguarding Children Workshop before carrying out any ambassadorial duties.
James Shiplee, Football Development Officer at Oxfordshire FA, said: “This is a great opportunity for players in the county to have a real impact on the next generation of female footballers. We’re excited to see where this will take us and who it will have that impact on.”
To nominate a Female Football Ambassador, please click here