The weekend was a success with clubs across the county showing their support using the hashtag on Twitter to send in their best pictures.
A selection can be seen on the slideshow above, including a great effort from teams in our Oxfordshire FA Over 50s Premier League who fully embraced the spirit of the weekend.
We can also announce our Respect competition winner of a £50 voucher to spend at Discount Football Kits, congratulations to Jim Flack for this picture of Launton & Deddington U9s team doing a pre-match warm-up together!
During Sunday's trophy event we spoke with a number of spectators, referees, coaches, parents and players to attain feedback from a representative sample of the people in attendance on the day (35). The information we received was extremely positive:
- 100% of spectators felt their child enjoyed the game more than other weekends
- 100% of players said they enjoyed the games more and that they enjoyed parents clapping during the game
- 80% of spectators said it would change how they support in the future
- Over 90% of spectators, coaches and referees felt that the Respect Ambassadors made a positive difference
- Nearly two-thirds of spectators said they enjoyed the game more than other fixtures
Oxfordshire FA supported club fixtures at Summertown Stars and Kidlington Youth FC as well as the Witney and District Youth League Trophy event on Sunday, handing out Respect items, and fan clappers for spectators, supporting everyone to #GiveThemAHand.
Clubs were also asked to support through appointing Respect Ambassadors for their games to ensure that the ethos of the weekend was adhered to.
James Shiplee, Football Development Officer at Oxfordshire FA said: “It’s been fantastic to see so many clubs support the weekend and do all they can with it. It was great to go and support with matches and the trophy event and see people as Respect Ambassadors and using the fan clappers to show their support.”