Affiliated clubs across Oxfordshire are invited to apply for funding to grow Mini Soccer football across the county, through the creation and retention of Mini Soccer Hubs for players aged between 4 and 7-years-old.
The funding aims to support an increase in the number of 4 to 7-year-olds playing football within grassroots clubs. The sessions are designed to provide youngsters with a fun and positive introduction to football in a club environment.
Overall, the target of the fund is to support clubs to improve their sustainability through the increase of the number of teams they can develop and retain each season.
Clubs will be able to apply for funding on two tiers:
- New sessions – apply for up to £200
- Existing sessions – apply for up to £100
The funding will be available to support clubs in any area that they need; from new equipment to marketing materials to promote their sessions in local schools.
To meet the funding criteria, club sessions will be expected to meet the following:
- Working with a ratio of 12 players to 1 coach
- Main coach must have FA Level 1 with in date Safeguarding Workshop and Emergency First Aid certificate
- All volunteers involved must have an in date FA Criminal Record Check
- Club to have an active Safeguarding Children Policy with a clear reporting process and the Club Welfare Officers contact details readily available
- Club to have an active Health & Safety policy
- All qualified coaches to be part of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Club must have regular communication with Oxfordshire FA
- Club must keep weekly registers
- Club must be able to transition players in to new Under-7 team(s)
- Club must support any participants that wish to volunteer
- Have at least one school link with a local primary school to recruit players
- Must be an FA Charter Standard club (or working towards)
Clubs successful in their funding application will be expected to affiliate one additional team in the 2019/20 season. For example, if you currently affiliate two Under-7 teams in 2018/19, you will be expected to affiliate three Under-7 teams in 2019/20.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM FOR THE MINI SOCCER HUB DEVELOPMENT FUND
Should you have any questions on the funding, or any of the criteria, please contact Michael Thurlow, Football Development Manager at Oxfordshire FA, via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01993 894407.