Recognising young talent.
The Doug Watts Award is presented annually to a young referee whom throughout the season has shown exemplary commitment to refereeing.
The winner chosen by our Referees Committee will be someone under the age of 21, who:
- has a minimum of two seasons experience
- has shown consistent availability
- has an exemplary record
- takes on additional off-field activities to support their colleagues
- supports and attends OFA training events
- finishes in the top ten of the merit table of their preferred league
- is a maximum of a level 5 referee