Referees Associations & Societies
Local Referee Associations (RAs) play a key part in the development and support for refereesOrganised by groups of local people involved with refereeing, the associations are run for the benefit of referees by providing support, advice and guidance.
Through a subscription service they offer:
- The opportunity to meet fellow referees of all levels
- Guidance and discussion on the Laws of The Game
- Lively debate on match day incidents
- The right to financial assistance through the RA Benevolent Fund, should you need it
- Access to events and activities involving referees at the highest level of the game
- Support should you be the unfortunate victim of circumstances or if you have received unjust treatment
With all these benefits, and more, can you afford not to be a member?
For information about your local Referee Association Society please contact the local County Referees Association Secretary or your local branch:
|RA Branch||Venue||Time & Date||Contact Details|
||The Ashton Club,
24a Sheep Street,
|Fourth Thursday of every month at 7.30pm (August - April)||Ken Leach
Barton Fields Road
|Second Monday of every month at 7pm (August - April)
|Witney||West Witney Bowls Club
|Second Thursday of every month at 7.30pm (September - April)
Frequently asked questions about Referee Associations and Societies.
Do I have to join the RA?
No you don't. However, considering the benefits you are encouraged to do so.
Is there a cost to joining the RA?
Yes - this is normally less than one match fee. However, each society charges differently.
Does my referee registration include RA membership?
No. These are two separate registration processes and only Oxfordshire FA registration is mandatory to be able to referee.
Do I need to be an RA member to get promotion?
No, you don't but the guidance and support offered by the RA is invaluable in helping you prepare for promotion.
Get In Touch
By Phone: 01993 778586
(8.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday)
By Email: Referees@OxfordshireFA.com