Apply for our Equal Game Ambassador role at Oxfordshire FA
Oxfordshire FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador - Women & Girls Football
Salary: £25 per hour
Contact type and hours: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract (One-year contract)
Closing Date: Monday 7th November
- Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’. Once trained this workshop will be delivered in partnership with County FA Staff.
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
The successful applicant will need to provide their own transport and any transport costs are included within the hourly rate. Additionally, applicant will require access to a computer. This is not provided as part of the role.
Oxfordshire Football Association leads on football development and governance of the game in the county. We work with clubs, leagues, educational establishments and local authorities for the health and future of the game. We firmly believe the game is for everyone and want to encourage more people to use the game to benefit their health, well-being and local community.
Equality and Diversity
Oxfordshire FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Send a CV and cover letter to James Shiplee at Development@OxfordshireFA.com no later than 9am on 7th November 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Applications must be received via email.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 9th November 2022 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held on 15th November 2022 in the evening.
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
- Successful applicant must be able to attend Train the Trainer workshop on 6th December.
Job Description and Person Specification
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Michael Thurlow on Development@OxfordshireFA.com or 07956 415583 for an informal discussion.