With the retirement of Terry Williams and Tom Edwards, Chair, and former Vice Chair respectively, then now is the time to come forwards and bring a new perspective to the OFA Board of Directors.
They both leave having served their maximum terms allowed under the Articles and we are now looking forwards to building a brighter tomorrow and beyond for the game in Oxfordshire given the last couple of years disruption caused by the pandemic – help us rebuild for the future!
Who are we looking for – you - if you have a keen interest in local football and want to make changes in your local community and the county around you? What better time than now to get involved with the Women’s EUROs in July and the World Cup later in the year. The thirst for football will be amazing and you can help us prepare for it and leave a legacy for future generations.
We have two vacancies for Elected Membership Directors who will come from any of our member organisations (clubs or leagues). If elected, then you will serve an initial three-year term with the possibility thereafter to serve up to two more three-year terms.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1 July 2022 – 4pm
• To liaise between clubs, leagues, and the Board
• To support the delivery of County Cup Competitions throughout the season and at Finals
• To help to promote the FA’s England Accreditation Scheme to clubs and leagues
• To act as a positive advocate for the OFA at local football events
• Help staff raise awareness of initiatives, funding opportunities, etc. with members
• Encourage clubs to attend training sessions on FA IT systems and processes such as Player Registration
• Promote safeguarding and equality within the game
• Understanding of different football formats
• Understanding of how clubs operate
• Understanding of how leagues operate
• Ideally experience of senior management or above
• Ideally understanding of budgets and forecasting
• IT literate and good presentation skills
• Willing to commit time as required to the role
For more information or to put yourself forward then please email Ian.Mason@OxfordshireFA.com
You will need to demonstrate that you are connected to one of our member clubs or leagues before being considered for one of these roles.
We would ask that you also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form here
It is entirely voluntary and isn’t linked to your application.
Oxfordshire Football Association is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We would welcome applications from women, people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities as they are currently underrepresented within our organisation.