The aim for this new and exciting programme is to provide girls between the ages of 12-14 a fun, relevant and engaging recreational offer than allows them to develop themselves as much as their football skills in a safe, inclusive environment.
The programme has been specifically designed to give autonomy, choice and voice to the girls who are involved in the sessions.
Throughout the upcoming UEFA Women’s EURO tournament and beyond, we will be signposting all young girls to find their nearest football offer and start to reap the benefits of playing our national game, so what better time to be a part of this exciting programme!
Applications are welcomed from any organisation that meet our Squad programme criteria. We want to ensure there is access and opportunity for every girl and woman to be involved in our sport, and for the game to be truly representative of our society across all protected characteristics and social backgrounds. We therefore welcome and actively encourage applications from all communities and organisations that meet the programme criteria.
The delivery of Squad Girls’ Football involves the organisation of a unique offer of Squad sessions at a particular location and time aimed at attracting a particular cohort/group of girls aged between 12-14.
• The programme must be delivered for a minimum of 16 weeks per year
• It must operate for at least two years (i.e. a minimum of 16 weeks in EACH year)
• It must have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 20 girls/participants per session
• It must have staffing ratios appropriate to the group
• Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly
• Staff MUST attend FA online training before they are signed off as delivers of the programme
• As a deliverer of the Squad programme, providers must adhere to the criteria set out in the document attached below.
SQUAD GIRLS CRITERIA
SQUAD PROVIDERS WILL RECEIVE:
• £900 of funding distributed across two years
• Full training
• Kit and Equipment including Nike balls, bibs, cones and marketing pack
• Marketing assets and session resources
• FA and County FA support
The application window is now open until the end of August 2022. Applicants will be notified by mid-September as to whether they have been successful or not. Providers will then receive full training with delivery commencing once training is complete.