Alongside the Oxfordshire FA Youth Leadership Team, we are excited to launch the report as part of our youth consultation initiative. This is where we are regularly getting feedback from children & young people across the county to help make continuous positive improvements.
The aim of this youth consultation was to get the views of disability players in the county to understand their current experience and how we can improve this for them and encourage more players into the game.
This feedback will shape our work around disability football and hopefully support us to continue the growth of the game in the county in 2023.
It is extremely important that as a County FA we get the views of young people and that these views are at the heart of future decisions made to further improve the game in Oxfordshire.
You can read the findings in the report below which also provides our commitments for the next 12 months.
We want to send a big thank you to the 114 players that took part in the study and provided value feedback.
Can't see the report? Download it here.
Following our players youth disability consultation, we WILL:
- Work with local clubs, BOBi League and stakeholders to further promote and raise awareness of the disability game and BOBi League in the county. Feedback from this study will help shape the key messages to engage new players into the game.
- Work closely with England Football Accredited Clubs to support the creation of new sessions and teams where there are gaps in the county across the youth and adult disability game.
- Support the upskilling of coaches across the county that are engaged with the disability game with the aim of continuing to provide an inclusive environment and improving the overall player experience.
- Supporting the upskilling of qualified referees and parent/coach referees involved in the BOBi League to help provide a consistent and high-quality experience for all.
- Work with the BOBi League to develop their offer to continue to provide a positive experience to their members.
As part of the visits for this study, separate questions were asked specifically to players experiences at BOBi League Events. These findings were not included in this report but have been collated and will be presented to the league committee.
If you have any questions regarding the reports, please get in touch with Michael Thurlow, Football Development Manager via Development@OxfordshireFA.com