Oxfordshire FA is pleased to announce that it is to host an FA Coaching Disabled Footballers Course, taking place at The Oxford Academy on Sunday 22 September.
This six-hour course is aimed at giving coaches and teachers ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions, whether in mainstream or disability-specific sessions.
The course covers both theory and practical elements – and by the end of the course each participant should be able to meet the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competitions
Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. However this will not prevent successful completion of the award.
Full details of the course are detailed below:
Date: Sunday 22 September 2019
Time: 9.15am – 4.30pm
Venue: The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Littlemore, Oxford, OX4 6JZ
Minimum Age: 17
Pre-requisites: Minimum 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
If you would like to attend the above course, please enrol by clicking here
If you have any queries please contact Harry Ash on 01993 894405 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org