Oxfordshire FA would like to invite all clubs and leagues to take a lead on promoting disability football opportunities across the county.
Disability Football is one of the beautiful game’s greatest secrets and we need your support to promote the wide variety of opportunities across the county. Did you know we have 23 affiliated teams across the county? Or that we have one of the largest pan-disability leagues in England with 9 divisions catering for adult male, adult female, U16, U12 and U8 players?
We all too often hear stories of players dropping out of the mainstream game as clubs are unable to meet their needs. Promoting alternative opportunities or improving awareness could help keep players in the game we all love.
Football’s biggest secret? Not anymore. This is why we are asking all grassroots clubs and leagues to pledge their support in promoting disability football.
click here for details for leagues
For more information, click on the questions below.
For more information about The Pledge Project or to ask any follow up questions, please contact Oxfordshire FA via the details below.
The Pledge Project is a campaign that clubs and leagues can sign up to which helps raise the awareness of disability football across our county.
All Oxfordshire FA grassroots clubs and leagues can sign up to the Pledge Project. We especially want to hear from mainstream grassroots clubs who don’t offer disability football within their setup.
It could make a real difference and if just one person from your area finds disability football as a result of your efforts then it will be worth it.
In its simplest form a pledge could be to share the OFA Disability Club Directory in your clubhouse, on your website or via social media. By helping to promote the Club Directory, and Disability Football, a player, opposition, sibling, parent, supporter, player or coach might see this and lead to a new player with a disability joining a local club.
Clubs and leagues decide their own Pledge. It can be big or small and suit the ambitions of the club or league.
To help clubs devise their pledges we have put together some examples you could sign up to. We have split these example pledges into 3 levels which relate to the time and resources needed to complete a pledge;
Bronze = Minimal Time/Minimal costs.
Silver = One off events/some cost.
Gold = Weekly Commitment/Higher cost.
You can pledge just to do one thing or to do 10 things. Regardless of size it will contribute to raising awareness of disability football in the local community.
Below is just a sample of things your club could pledge to do:
Bronze Level: Raising Awareness
- Display OFA Club Directory in your club house
- Add the Club Directory to your website
- Share the Club Directory on your social media platforms
- Audit the players within your club who have disabilities
- Plan to develop club facilities for players & spectators with disabilities
Silver Level: Inclusive Opportunities
- Put a coach through the Coaching Disabled Footballers course
- Put a coach through the National Autistic Society - Autism Workshop
- Create a club disability football development group
- Host Disability Specific CPD workshops at your club
- Provide coaching opportunities for individuals with disabilities
- Promote the England Disability Talent Pathway to eligible players at your club
Gold Level: Disability Specific Opportunities
- Set up a youth disability team at your club
- Set up an adult disability team at your club
- Set up an impairment specific disability team at your club
- Set up a recreational football session for people with a disability
An incentive scheme has also been added to celebrate and reward the first 10 Clubs to complete their pledges this season.
Upon committing to a pledge every club will receive:
- Our Pledge Card with details of their pledge
- A hard copy of the OFA Disability Football Club Directory
- A digital copy of the OFA Disability Football Club Directory
Additionally, the first 10 clubs or leagues to complete their Pledge in the 2019/20 season will receive a Discount Football Kits Voucher. The value of the voucher will depend on the following:
Clubs who achieve Bronze Level will receive a voucher code for the value of £25.00 which can be used against any order on www.discountfootballkits.com upon completion.
Clubs who achieve Silver Level will receive a voucher code for the value of £50.00 which can be used against any order on www.discountfootballkits.com upon completion.
Clubs who achieve Gold Level will receive a voucher code for the value of £75.00 which can be used against any order on www.discountfootballkits.com upon completion.
- Upon committing to a pledge every club will receive support from a dedicated staff member
- Access to our national ‘Pledge Club’ Hive Network. This is an Idea sharing platform linking all National Pledge Clubs.
Step 1: As a club decide what you want your disability football pledge to look like.
Step 2: Complete the online form: CLICK HERE
Step 3: Club will receive positive coverage via social media.
Step 4: Pledge clubs will receive direct support from the County FA to help them achieve their pledge for the 2019/2020 season.
Step 5: Clubs achieving their pledge will receive their Discount Football Kits voucher incentive upon completion.