Online Player Registration has arrived.
As part a commitment by The FA and County FAs to improve the administration experience for grassroots football volunteers, new online player registration functionality has recently been introduced into the Whole Game System (WGS).
Following a successful six month pilot programme during which over 130,000 players were registered across 50 participating leagues, the new functionality is now to be made available to all grassroots leagues and clubs in England.
Whilst some leagues may initially decide not to use WGS for player registration purposes, all clubs will still benefit from using the system to maintain and manage their players’ records.
Amongst these benefits are;
- Secure storage of player records
- Records updated annually, creating a lasting history for each player
- Club and Team records available for league registration processes (where appropriate)
- More efficient club discipline management
- Use of the FA number (FAN) to create a single player view – particularly for those clubs using Full-Time
- Providing your club with better player information to help you plan for the future
Those of you within leagues who are using Full-Time to manage your fixtures and competitions administration will be able to match player records between that system and WGS. This will save you from having to duplicate effort and will ensure that, for the first time, you have a single view of your players in both Full-Time and Whole Game.
A Guide to Player Registration has been created to offer more information about the process.
Download the Player Registration guide