Oxfordshire FA is currently welcoming applications for the role of Non-Executive Commercial Director.
This is a voluntary and unpaid role, with reimbursement of agreed expenses only.
The Commercial Director is responsible for overseeing all commercial and sponsorship agreements in respect of the OFA and is accountable to the Board of Directors. They will be required to contribute to overall company strategy and policy making by advising the Board on the best ways to maximise the commercial opportunities of their decisions. Key Accountabilites
- Attend Board meetings as and when required. Meetings are normally held during evenings most months at the County Office in Witney
- Attend other meetings of the OFA as required
- Be available to meet with the CEO and/or relevant staff on a regular basis
- To serve as a Director of the Company and to actively participate in its strategic management
- To act as an ambassador and represent the OFA at internal and external meetings and functions as required
- To work with the CEO and where appropriate, Board and Focus Groups, to maximise commercial opportunities across the OFA by:
- Identifying partnership and sponsorship opportunities
- Ensuring consistent branding and marketing
- Reviewing partnership and sponsorship agreements or contracts
- Supporting the promotion of County FA events
- Performing any other responsibilities as agreed by the Board Personal Specification
In order to successfully deliver the role, the Commercial Director will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strategic leadership and management skills with the ability to develop and monitor organisational strategy
- Decision making skills with the appropriate use of knowledge and experience to make informed decisions to the benefit of the organisation
- The ability to debate, discuss and challenge in a constructive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A natural networker with the ability to form strong, productive relationships both internally and externally to the benefit of the OFA
- An ability to understand financial accounts, management accounts and budgeting
- A sound understanding of volunteer/professional relationships and how they can best work to support the work of the OFA
- An understanding of and commitment to inclusion and actively practice this in decision making.
- Knowledge of the OFA's responsibilities for safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk in football.
- An understanding of Corporate Governance
- Significant relevant experience in successful commercial roles
- Clear understanding of successful marketing and communications
- A good working knowledge and understanding of marketing and branding guidelines
- The ability to develop, monitor and manage sponsorship agreements and supplier contracts
- Access to and detailed knowledge of wide range of funding opportunities
- Project and event management experience
- Access to and ability to effectively use email, the internet and social media channels
To apply for this key role with the Oxfordshire Football Association Board then email your CV and covering letter to: Ian.Mason@OxfordshireFA.com
Explaining in detail why you want the role, what commercial opportunities you could deliver, and why your experience and expertise makes you the ideal candidate.
Please click here for a full role description.