This Coaching Fundamentals workshop will focus on key areas of the England DNA which will help coaches to get the most from their training sessions, such as:
- 70% ball rolling time to ensure that players are getting lots of opportunities to practice and play
- Using varied coaching styles based on the needs of the group
- Using games whenever possible
- Developing practices that enable the players to make lots of decisions
- How Plan-Do-Review can support coaches to plan their sessions and make them more effective
County Coach Developer, Mark Haining, will be delivering the session and will show coaches different methods on challenging and motivating players during sessions, such as:
- Setting individual or team challenges
- Giving feedback in groups or individuals
- How to give feedback without stopping the session to keep the ball moving
The practical part of the session will allow coaches to see how to integrate these along with fundamental playing themes such as the balance of the team, management of the game, transition speed (for example, from defence to attack).
The workshop will be hosted by Hook Norton FC on the 20th of October, 19:00-21:00.
To book your place on this free workshop, click here.
For more information on our Coaching Workshops, contact Kimberley Connor on Kimberley.Connor@OxfordshireFA.com or 01993 894402.