Oxfordshire FA is delighted to announce the launch of an exciting opportunity for all affiliated football clubs to apply for up to £300 to start a brand-new Under-8 disability football team.
This initiative has been developed with the aim of giving more young children with a disability the opportunity to take part in football, within a friendly and unintimidating environment.
Disability football is a fast-growing area of the game and this is a great way for clubs, who perhaps have never worked in this area before, to start engaging with more disabled people – or add to their existing disability teams.
Take a look below for the answers to some of the main topics:
What support is available to clubs that apply?
- Up to £300 to support the initial costs of developing a new team
- Bespoke support from Oxfordshire FA’s Disability Football Development Officer
- Coaches will have the opportunity to liaise with an FA Coach Mentor for continued support
- A chance to join the new Berkshire, Oxford and Buckinghamshire Inclusive (BOBi) League in the Under-8 division. Click here for more information on the BOBi League.
What criteria must our club meet to be successful in our application?
- All organisations must be affiliated to Oxfordshire FA
- There should be a minimum of two coaches in attendance at all sessions.
- The lead coach should hold a minimum of an FA Level 1 Coaching Certificate with an in-date CRC, FA Safeguarding, FA Emergency 1st Aid
- All coaches must have an in-date CRC
- The funds can be used to provide coaching services
- Coaching ratios should not exceed 1:10 (minimum 2 coaches)
- Players should be aged between 4-8 years old with a Learning or Physical Disability
- All organisations must have a Safeguarding Children Policy
- All organisations must have a Designated Safeguarding Officer - this can be the Club Welfare Officer
- All facilities should have proof that the venue complies with Health and Safety Regulations
- All organisations should have Public Liability Insurance
How can I apply for the U8 Disability Growth Fund?
- Please download and complete the application form below and send to Disability Football Development Officer, Harry Ash, on email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
If you have any queries regarding this initiative or your eligibility to apply for this funding, please contact Harry Ash by email or ring 07534 912206.
The application window is NOW OPEN and the deadline for all applications is Thursday 31 January 2019.
We aim to review all applications by Thursday 7 February and you will be contacted within a week of submitting an application to support you with any changes that may need to be made to meet the criteria above.