The search for grassroots heroes in Oxfordshire has begun as nominations for the annual Oxfordshire FA Awards, including the FA Community Awards presented by McDonald’s, opens for 2017.
The Awards aim to recognise and reward grassroots clubs, coaches and volunteers across the county who keep the game alive. Nominees can be from any walk of life and Oxfordshire FA is calling on the local community to nominate their unsung heroes who have gone above and beyond in the name of football.
There are 11 categories in this year’s Oxfordshire FA Awards, including (click on the individual links to go straight through to the relevant online nomination form for each category):
- OFA Adult Club Respect Award
- OFA Youth Club Respect Award
- OFA League Respect Award
- The FA Charter Standard Club Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- The FA Charter Standard League Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- Coach of the Year Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- Best Inclusive Project Award for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
- People’s Choice Award (Outstanding Contribution to Community Football) for Oxfordshire, presented by McDonald’s
As well as celebrating the success of our clubs and volunteers, the Oxfordshire FA Awards evening is a fantastic opportunity for us to say thank you; acknowledging the individual contributions of our members for all the hard work and dedication they provide to grassroots football week in, week out.
“The FA and McDonald’s Community Awards are an absolutely brilliant way to celebrate the selflessness of all those volunteers, clubs and leagues and the innumerable hours they put into supporting grassroots football,” said James Shiplee, Football Development Officer at Oxfordshire FA . “Last year’s awards shone the spotlight on some incredible individuals and the work they do in Oxfordshire, and I would encourage everyone involved in grassroots football to vote for someone who they think truly deserves an award. It would be great to see hundreds of nominations from volunteers across the county.”
Additionally, the Oxfordshire winners of the FA Community Awards, presented by McDonald’s, will be put forward for the chance to win a national award, selected by a judging panel which will include legends of the game such as 1966 World Cup winner, Sir Geoff Hurst.
Nominating your local football heroes couldn’t be easier. Simply click on the individual award category link (above) which will take you straight to an online nomination form. It’s that simple!
Finally - as an extra thank you – for every eligible nomination we receive, we’ll enter the nominator into a prize draw to win a £60 Nike Voucher.
Nominations for all 11 awards categories will close on 31 March.
To learn more about the awards, find out about last year’s winners and nominate an individual club or league from your community, log onto www.thefa.com/communityawards, or speak to the James Shiplee, Football Development Officer at Oxfordshire FA on 01993 894403.