Clubs are invited to apply to have a FA Coach Mentor in their club for the 2017/18 season.
After another successful season with clubs across the county, Charter Standard clubs are invited to take part in the programme over the next season.
Over 20 clubs have now benefitted from having a FA Coach Mentor in their club.
With up to 50 hours available, each club will receive mentoring from one Oxfordshire’s 6 FA Coach Mentors to work with their club on:
- Improving training sessions
- Improving match days
- Designing and implementing a coaching philosophy
The FA Coach Mentor will:
- Provide support and advice to the coaches on a 1-2-1 basis or with groups of coaches
- Deliver sessions to provide demonstrations and techniques to coaches
- Provide adaptions and tweaks to sessions and matchday management
- Support the club to have discussions around coaching philosophy
The FA Coach Mentor will NOT:
- Coach the players only
- Tell you what you’re doing is wrong
Football Development Officer, and Mentor for Oxfordshire, James Shiplee said: “Clubs continue to be delighted by the work of the Coach Mentors in their clubs, and I’d encourage any club that hasn’t benefitted yet to consider applying for next season. It’s been great to work as a mentor and to go and support so many coaches in local grassroots clubs, and I can’t wait to get started with two new clubs.”
If this is something your club would be interested in please contact James Shiplee on James.Shiplee@OxfordshireFA.com or 01993 894403 by the 31st March 2017.