What is The FA Licensed Coaches Club?
The FA Licensed Coaches club has an overall aim to increase the quality of coaching to players within football in England. It will ensure that coaches are fully qualified, give them access to additional coaching tools, increase their coaching ability and provide them with opportunities to develop and progress in their coaching journey.
As the Oxfordshire part of The FA Licensed Coaches Club we’ll keep things local and offer additional benefits to choosing Oxfordshire as your Affiliated County. Local events will be arranged by Oxfordshire FA and will ensure that they meet the needs of the Coaches within the County.
What is an FA Licensed Coach?
An FA Licensed Coach is suitably qualified and will assure parents and players that they’re trained to manage a coaching programme. Coaches will have to adhere to keeping their qualifications in date and attend a minimum amount of Continued Professional Development (CPD) each season.
The Criteria to join The FA Licensed Coaches Club are:
• A recognised and valid English/UEFA Coaching Qualification
• Hold an FA CRC Check that is less than 3 years old
• Retain in-date Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children Qualifications
• Commit to a minimum amount of CPD per year:
- Level 1 Coaches = 3 hours
- Level 2 and above = 5 hours
What are the benefits to joining The FALCC?
• Access to a programme of Coach Workshops shaped around the needs of our coaches, spread around the County
• Access to the Members Only Licensed Coaches Club website containing articles, videos, job vacancies and CPD opportunities
• Ballot entry for 100 pairs of free tickets to all England team home matches
• Ballot entry to watch England train at St George's Park
Additionally other options are available for purchase including:
• Subscription to The Boot Room; The FA Licensed Coaches Club Magazine
• Civic Liability and Personal Accident Insurance
• Physio Care
• FA Licensed Coaches Club Merchandise
• Access to UEFAs 3D TactX Coaching Tool
How Much Does it Cost?
The FA Licensed Coaches Club is completely FREE to join. Any additional costs such as those above are optional.
Where Can I do my CPD?
There are many different ways to complete your CPD for the required season. These include:
- Attend Oxfordshire FA’s CPD events across the county – the current CPD can be found here.
- Regional/national CPD events and conferences – These can be found on the FALCC website, and Oxfordshire FA news
- Online masterclasses – There are currently 11 online masterclasses that can be completed for 1 hour of CPD each. These are found under the “CPD” tab on the FALCC website.
- Courses – Many different courses count for CPD. For example, a Level 1 coach attending a FA Youth Award Module 1 will receive 32 hours CPD for that season. There are also some online courses that can be found under Members Services that offer varying levels of CPD.
- Mentors – If your club is part of the FA Mentoring Programme, your mentor can deliver CPD sessions for you.
- As part of our support to clubs under the new criteria, clubs can now apply to hold an in house CPD event at their club. Criteria and bookings for this can be found at the bottom of the page.
How to Join
If you’d like to join the FA Licensed Coaches Club, click here enter your FA Number (FAN) and password. If you’re unsure of your FAN please contact us on the details below.
If you have any questions regarding The FA Licensed Coaches Club please contact James Shiplee via email, or call on 01993 894403. Alternatively, contact The FA on 0844 980 8212 or via email at FALicenceQuery@TheFA.com